Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rest Dayz

Hi everyone, I'm feeling a rare mid-week post today!

Have you ever felt super run down/tired and that you just can't catch up on rest? That is me today! I feel like my body is screaming at me for a break, therefore, I am taking a few days off from running.

I think it is necessary to take those rest days. Plural: DAYS. Sometimes I feel guilty if I do not workout everyday, but I learning that rest is needed. My shins have been aching for a few weeks now and the pounding of the treadmill have not helped one bit. Just because I don't run 15 miles a week, doesn't mean that my training is lacking. I am hoping to take off today and tomorrow (working a double 830-3 and 6-close yay), and will pick back up with running on Thursday.

Not related but look at this pup! It is so cute and hangs out all day at work with us :)

I don't know why this came out so wide....

PS Finally a long run is happening on Saturday...

Have a great rest of the week everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment