Thursday, April 11, 2013

Feet and Food



Let's talk about feet.

So I had been experiencing some foot pain in my arch over the past few days. I usually wouldn't think anything of it but the pain was in the exact area where I had a stress fracture 5 years ago (track problems). Anyways, so today I got an X-RAY and it was clear...which is good news, but I'm not allowed to run until I experience no pain.

So now I'm in an awkward place. I want to run and continue to train, but I know that it will just make the problem worse. The doctor also told me to use the stationary bike while I heal. I hate the bike wah :(

So this 12 week plan has turned into a 13 week plan-or a however long I need plan. 

big mouth bites=pain
Now to be completely irrelevant to what I was just talking about...Nutrition and Exercise!

When I first started exercising, I thought okay great I just burned x amount of calories so now I can have burgers, fries, cake, pizza, etc YAY, but then I was actually gaining weight, not getting any healthier, and justifying my unhealthy eating with a half an hour of cardio. Not a good plan.


So then I got smart. Cut the meat, limited the dairy, and now trying to eat less processed gluten (but pizza, beer, baked goods are sometimes too hard to resist) and eat an unlimited amount of vegetables and fruit.
Better nutrition=better overall health!

  • no more medications! 
  • clear skin
  • increased energy 
  • rare stomach aches
  • regularity
  • better workouts/endurance 

Not saying that I don't eat horrible from time to time, but overall my eating habits have done a 165 (not quite a full 180) than before and I don't think I would be able to train as hard without changing my diet.

Some of my favs:
Switching up the breakfast. Kale, apple, banana, and EnergyBits (spirulina).
kale, banana, apple, energybits 
crispy baked tofu with sautéed veggies
crispy tofu, chickpeas, sauteed veggies
Post workout fuel salad: lettuce, carrots, broccoli, mushroom, tomatoes, leftover buffalo tempeh, edamame with some tj fat free balsamic!
veggies with buffalo tempeh
Old fashioned oats, banana, walnuts, cinnamon, & a dollop of all natural crunchy pb
oats, banana, chunky pb, and walnuts




No comments:

Post a Comment