Friday, April 5, 2013

It's Friday, It's Sunny and I'm not running..?

Is spring finally here?

Basing it off of the forecast for the next week, I think it is safe to say YES. 

source


Well besides Saturday..but anyways..today is Friday, arguably the best day of the week since it is finally the weekend! It is such a beautiful day, therefore, I should be running, right?

Rest Days are necessary!
I've ran the past 4 days, (total of about 9 miles) and my body is craving this down time. Rest is important and just because you take a few days off, does not mean that your progress will be lost. I often feel better after a few days of rest and have better workouts because of them. I used to be crazy (legit a crazy person and would be mad if I couldn't workout) and guess what I hurt myself. Running with a knee brace is next to impossible (at least to me) and wrapping my ankle every morning just was not a fun experience. Since I began taking rest days 2-3x a week, I haven't hurt myself (knock on wood)

So today I will be enjoying my day off with a Starbucks coffee, movies, an intern conference call, and overall a good day. And it's Friday at UMASS so a fun night as well.

 Hoping to get in my 4 mile long run scheduled for tomorrow, but I might push it to Sunday instead, not too sure yet.

So everyone have a great weekend and enjoy the sun! Get outside and walk your dog/cat/lizard/insert pet here...they really want you too...or maybe just mine does.




No comments:

Post a Comment