Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Love for the Running Community

Yesterday was intense, heavy, and hard on the mind. I was on the elliptical at the gym when it started flashing on ESPN: "Bombing at the Boston Marathon" and my heart shattered. This really has given me time to think and this tragedy has been the only thing consuming my thoughts for the past 24 hours. The running community has become a part of me ever since I started interning with EnergyBits and I felt personally attacked when this happened.

So let's all take a minute to step back, take some deep breaths and reflect on yesterday's events. Dedicate a run this week to the victims and for the thousands of runners who did not get to finish. I know I am and every run will be in their honor for now on. The love and support from the running community is amazing and I hope to meet many of them someday.

source: EnergyBits 
source: EnergyBits


No comments:

Post a Comment