Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The First Post Anxiety

Hey everyone,

So Theresa has been inspiring that she is training for a half marathon, spending  time on the treadmill watching hours of history channel so I think it's time for me to do something challenging as well! She sent me her training program, which can be found here, and I'm ready to give it a go! 

My relationship with running....
So in high school I was on the track team. I don't even like to say that I "ran" per-say because I was mostly a manager/injured (term used lightly) and avoided workouts at all costs. I hated it to say the least, but continued to do it until senior year. So fast forward to about a year ago...I started running at the gym on the treadmill. Usually just 2 minutes here or there with long walks in between, but that is where it all started. After this summer though, I was running steady 5ks each week mainly on the treadmill and decided that I really do like to run. I ran my first 5k in November that turned into an 8k because of my failure to read signs and was hooked ever since then. 

So now it's time for a challenge. I think this half-marathon is attainable, but will take dedication and time. Runs will probably be indoor for a while until it gets warmer, but I think I can do it. 

And that is where this blog fits in to it all. I'll be using it to keep myself accountable with workouts each week. I'm excited and nervous, but ready for this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment