Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First Day Training and My Secret Weapon

So it has been one whole day since I started training. I ran 3 miles today on the treadmill and it wasn't too bad since I'm used to running that amount normally.

Anyways, I need to discuss/share my secret weapon when it comes to running.




It's algae. Specifically ENERGYBits. I have been interning for this company since November, and ever since I started using the product, my overall running and fitness has improved. Now what is it and why am I eating algae you might ask? Let me allow ENERGYBits explain:

"Want more energy, more mental vitality, or a healthy high protein snack you can grab on the go? How about a quick way to boost your athletic performance, supercharge your run or crank up your endurance while working or working out? If so, ENERGYbits® are for you. Made from 100% organically grown spirulina algae and loaded with 40 nutrients, ENERGYbits® algae tabs have the highest concentration of protein in the world (64%) all for just one calorie per tab. Endorsed by the United Nations as the most nutritious food on earth, spirulina algae has been a favorite of Olympic gold medalists for decades and is a super food in every sense of the word, delivering instant and enduring energy to your brain and body".

As you can see not only is it amazing for my fitness goals it is also super healthy and a great vegetarian/vegan protein source. And I've even gotten my dad hooked on the product who constantly nags me for more..

How to take Energybits..
I take about 30 tabs (I swallow them with water, but you can chew them) right before a workout and experience increased energy, no muscle fatigue, and no stomach distress! I have a sensitive stomach, so workouts have been cut short because of it, but since I started eating algae they have gone away during runs.

So I'm happy to be training with my ENERGYBits over these 12 weeks! 





I took them before the FeasterFive in November and had a PR of 42:36 on the five mile run. Note: I had to borrow a pie for the picture because I stepped in dog poop right when I crossed the finish line and couldn't find the pie table.














*disclaimer: I am an intern at ENERGYBits, but was not asked to make this post about the product. This is real-life genuine personal testimony of my use of the product for the past four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment